Terms of Service
1. License and restrictions. Subject to these Terms, switw grants you a non-exclusive, limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not: (a) modify, translate, reverse-engineer, reverse-compile or decompile, disassemble, create derivative works of, or use data gathering or extraction tools in connection with the Services; (b) reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit the Services, in whole or in part, for any purpose without SWITW’s express written consent; (c) frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) without the express written consent of the respective owner; (d) use any data mining tools or automation tools such as spiders, crawlers, scripts, bots, or any automated method of recording information; (e) use any meta-tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing "switw," its affiliates, partners or artists without SWITW’s express written permission; or (f) engage in any conduct in connection with the Services that may be considered illegal or tortious including, without limitation, "hacking" the Services, or infringing the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of switw or third-parties. Additionally, where the Services are a downloadable game and/or application ("App"), switw grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited license to use the App for your personal, non-commercial use on authorized devices, unless otherwise specified. The App may not be copied, resold, or sublicensed. These Terms apply to all versions and updates to the App, including, without limitation, free and paid versions. The App may include measures to control access to the App (including age controls), prevent unauthorized copies, or otherwise attempt to prevent anyone from exceeding the limited rights and licenses granted under these Terms. You may not take any action to circumvent or defeat such security features. If you disable or otherwise tamper with the technical protection measures, your license to use the App or other Services shall be considered automatically revoked.
2. Third-party product, services and links.
4. In-app purchases. A. In-game Virtual Currency and Virtual Items The Service may include an opportunity for you to earn, buy or otherwise obtain in-game currency ("Virtual Currency") to access virtual, in-game digital goods or items ("Virtual Items"). Methods of obtaining Virtual Currency are at SWITW’s sole discretion. Virtual Currency and Virtual Items are not real currency, do not have monetary value, and may not be redeemed for legal currency, or items of value outside of the Services. Virtual Currency and Virtual Items obtained via the Service are provided to you under a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to use within the Service. You have no property interest, right or title in or to any Virtual Currency or Virtual Items appearing or originating in the Service, and they may not be transferred or resold in any manner, including, without limitation, by means of any direct sale or auction service. switw has no liability for hacking or loss of your Virtual Currency or Virtual Items or any goods or services obtained via Virtual Currency. switw has no obligation to, and will not, reimburse you for any Virtual Currency or Virtual Items obtained via Virtual Currency. switw reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without prior notification, to change or limit the price, availability, or order quantity of any Virtual Currency or Virtual Items and to refuse to provide you with any Virtual Currency or Virtual Items. Virtual Currency may have an expiration date. If your Virtual Currency or Virtual Items expire and you still have an active Account, switw may offer conversion of such Virtual Currency into Virtual Items for you in its sole discretion, however Switw is under no obligation to do so. Virtual Currency and Virtual Items may be forfeited if: (a) your Account or access to the Services is terminated or suspended for any reason; (b) you breach these Terms; (c) switw continues availability of the Service; or (d) you disassociate from the Service. B. Subscriptions In some of our games, you may pay a fee for a subscription membership ("Subscription"). When you buy a Subscription, you agree to the following: • A Subscription fee will be charged to your chosen payment method in the app store of your device's platform ("App Store"). You will be charged the Subscription fee displayed at the time of sale; and • Your Subscription will automatically renew for the applicable length of your Subscription until either you or switw cancels your Subscription. By way of example, if you buy a 3-month Subscription, the Subscription will automatically renew for another 3-month period (unless either you or switw cancels your Subscription). Canceling Subscriptions: To stop automatic renewal of your Subscription and automatic withdrawal of Subscription fees, you must cancel your Subscription within 24 hours before it renews for the length of the next Subscription period. You may cancel your Subscription at any time by managing the subscription settings at your App Store. • For the Google Play store, instructions for canceling your Subscription may be found here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7018481 • For the Apple App store, instructions for canceling your Subscription may be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039 Other Subscription Terms: To receive any daily rewards as part of your Subscription, you must open the game that you have the Subscription for. You will not receive rewards for the days on which you did not open the game. C. Payments for Subscriptions, Virtual Currencies, and Virtual Items When you pay for a Subscription, Virtual Currencies, and/or Virtual Items, all payments are charged and processed by the App Store (e.g. the Google Play store or the Apple App store), so please review your app store's payment terms for additional payment terms that may apply. You agree that all payments for Virtual Currency, Virtual Items, and Subscriptions are final. No refunds will be given, except in SWITW’s sole and absolute discretion.
5. Online content and conduct. The Services may include opportunities, through your Account or SNS, to chat or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums and other functions that provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, or distribute to the world ("Forum(s)") links, writings, photos, graphics, or other material ("Forum Content"). All Forum Content posted by you to any Forum shall be your sole responsibility. The Forums shall be used only in a noncommercial manner. switw has the right, but not the responsibility, to monitor or remove Forum Content that switw believes to be harmful, offensive, or otherwise violates these Terms, without liability to you. switw in its sole discretion, reserves the right to restrict or disable your use of the Forums. By submitting Forum Content to any Forum, you warrant that you have all necessary rights to submit the Forum Content without any restrictions of any kind, and grant to switw a fully paid, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, unconditional, perpetual, right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publically display and perform, make derivatives works of, sublicense, and distribute all such Forum Content in all media now known or later developed, and/or to incorporate such materials in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content expressed or made available by third-parties in the Forums, are those of the respective authors and not of switw or its affiliates, and switw is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of same. switw makes no representations or warranties regarding the Forums. All Forum Content posted by you to any Forum shall be your sole responsibility. You may not:
- Use the Services of Forums in any manner which violates applicable laws or regulations;
- Post or transmit any Forum Content that: (i) violates a third party's rights or dignity, including any contract, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights; (ii) is deceptive, untrue, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, obscene, indecent, hateful, bigoted, racist or pornographic; (iii) would constitute or encourage a criminal offense; (iv) contains any viruses, worms or similar software; or (v) includes personal information about another person without that person's consent;
- Impersonate or falsely state or represent your identity;
- Engage in or facilitate the transmission of unsolicited mass mailings, or "spamming";
- Distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation, promotion or advertising for goods or services;
- Collect personal data about others for unlawful, commercial, or any other unauthorized purposes;
- Access, or attempt to gain access to, another user's account without authorization;
- Promote, encourage, or take part in any activity involving hacking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or counterfeit virtual currency/items;
- Use any game hacking/altering/cheating software or tools;
- Upload files that contain a virus, worm, spyware, time bombs, corrupted data or other computer programs that may damage, or otherwise interfere with the Services; or Reverse engineer, decompile, or modify, or attempt to modify, any part of the Service.
You understand that you may be exposed to Forum Content and actions from other users that are indecent, explicit, offensive, or which otherwise violates these Terms ("Inappropriate Activity"). You can report actual or suspected Inappropriate Activity to email@example.com. switw reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action against Inappropriate Activity that switw believes to be harmful, offensive, or otherwise violates these Terms. You agree that switw will not be liable to you or any third-party in any way for Forum Content, Inappropriate Activity, or for any damage or loss therefrom.
6. Title. Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, any and all title, ownership, rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Services including all content therein (collectively the "SWITW Content") shall remain in switw and/or its suppliers, and are protected by the copyright laws of the United Kingdom, the United States and other jurisdictions around the world via international copyright treaties. The names and logos, and other graphics, icons, and service names associated with the switw Content are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of switw or its licensors. You may not use, copy, transmit, modify, distribute, or create any derivative works from the Services or the switw Content without prior written consent from switw. The Services may allow you to create content ("Your Content") that incorporates the switw Content, including, but not limited, to photos incorporating elements or graphics from games, screenshots or a video of your game play. switw retains all rights, title and interest in and to the switw Content. You retain all rights to Your Content; provided, however, that switw shall have an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferable and sub-licensable worldwide right and license to Your Content for any purpose, including, but not limited to, the rights to reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise communicate to the public by any means whether now known or unknown and distribute Your Content without any further notice or compensation to you. Except where prohibited by law, you hereby waive any moral rights of paternity, publication, reputation, or attribution with respect to SWITW’s use of Your Content.
7. Disclaimer of warranty and limit of liability. SWITW MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, AND/OR GUARANTEE OF THE SUITABILITY OF THE SERVICES FOR YOUR PURPOSES, OR THAT THE USE OF THE SAME WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR FUNCTION PROPERLY IN COMBINATION WITH ANY THIRD-PARTY TECHNOLOGY, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEMS OR DATA. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. FURTHER, SWITW MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SAME, OR TO THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, COMMUNICATIONS, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS AND SERVICE CONTAINED THEREIN. YOUR USE OF THE SWITW SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SWITW WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. CERTAIN REGIONAL LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWITWIS NOT LIABLE, AND YOU AGREE NOT TO HOLD SWITWLIABLE, FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD-PARTIES, INCLUDING OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES AND OTHER THIRD-PARTY SITES, AND THAT THE RISK OF USING OR ACCESSING THE SERVICES, AND OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING, RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
8. Indemnification. You agree to hold harmless, indemnify and defend switw, its licensors, affiliates and suppliers and their respective officers, directors and employees, from and against any losses, damages, fines and expenses (including attorneys' fees and costs) due to, arising out of, or relating to any information or item, including, without limitation, Your Content, Forum Content, and/or Inappropriate Content you may submit, post, transmit or make available through the Forums or Services, your use of the Forums and Services, your connection to the Forums and Services, your violation of these Terms, or your violation of any law, regulation or third-party right. Without limiting your indemnification obligations described herein, switw reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
9. Termination. These Terms will automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any term hereof. You and switw have the right to terminate or cancel your Account, at any time for any reason and without notice. Upon termination you shall immediately discontinue use of the Services. Your obligations under Sections 5, 6, 11, 13, and 14 shall survive any termination.
10. No assignment. These Terms and the licenses granted to you herein are personal to you, and may not be assigned prior to obtaining SWITW’s express written consent.
11. Arbitration and dispute resolution. These Terms and all disputes and claims relating in any way to, or arising out of, these Terms, the Services, the Forums, Forum Content, Inappropriate Content, Your Content, or your use of the Software or Forums shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. You and switw agree that the exclusive remedy for all disputes and claims relating in any way to, or arising out of, these Terms, the Services, the Forums, or your use of the Services or Forums shall be final and binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted under the rules of the ICC International Court of Arbitration ("ICA"). To the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) no arbitration under these Terms shall be joined to any other arbitration; (b) no class arbitration proceedings shall be permitted; (c) no finding or stipulation of fact in any other arbitration, judicial or similar proceeding may be given preclusive or collateral estoppel effect in any arbitration hereunder (unless determined in another proceeding between you and switw); and (d) no conclusion of law in any other arbitration may be given any weight in any arbitration hereunder (unless determined in another proceeding between you and switw). You and switw must commence an arbitration by filing a demand for arbitration with the ICA within ONE (1) YEAR after the date the party asserting the claim first knows or reasonably should know of the act, omission or default giving rise to the claim; and there shall be no right to any remedy for any claim not asserted within that time period (if applicable law prohibits a one year limitations period for asserting claims, the claim must be asserted within the shortest time period in excess of one year that is permitted by applicable law). Both parties will be responsible for their respective arbitration fees.
12. Infringement notification. Any claims related to the Services should be addressed to:
SWITW’s designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is as follows:
- Legal Counsel - switw
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Feedback. switw does not accept unsolicited feedback, suggestions or other information about the Services or other aspects of its business. If you provide switw with feedback or other ideas, you agree that switw is free to use any feedback provided by you for any purpose (without compensation to you), including, without limitation, improving its products and services and creating derivative products.
CONTACT US. If you have questions regarding these Terms, please contact us at: