1. What kind of personal information does SWITW collect? We aim to minimize how much personal information we collect from users when they play the Game(s) or use the Websites. We collect the personal information that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g. email addresses you give us to subscribe to our Newsletters (as defined below)), but most of our data collection is limited to the following types of data, which do not identify you personally but may uniquely identify the device you are using to play to the Games or use the Websites ("Device"). In some countries, this type of data may be considered as personal information:
- "Advertising ID", which means the resettable and unique identifier associated with your mobile phone or tablet that is used by advertisers for ad tracking.
- "Device Information", which means technical information about your Device. When we refer to Device Information, this means your Device ID, your internet service provider (ISP), your browser and browser plug-in types, operating system and operating system version, jailbreak information, network information, the brand and manufacturer of your Device, the language you've set for your Device, the version of the Game installed on your Device, and the name of your carrier.
- Advertising IDs and Device Information Analytics – for more information, please see Section 4.Advertising – for more information, please see Section 5
- Name and email address, Device Information Customer Support You have the option to contact our customer support team directly from some of our Games. When you do, we will collect and use this information to respond to your requests and/or comments.
- Name, email address Newsletter Subscriptions On some of our Websites, you may provide us with your email address to sign up for a mailing list to receive newsletters and other marketing or promotional communications about a specific Game ("Newsletters"). We will use your name and email address to send you periodic Newsletters. For instructions on how to opt-out of receiving Newsletters, please see Section 8. Customer Support If you contact our customer team, whether via email or by filling out a contact form on the Websites, we will collect and use this information to respond to your requests and/or comments.
- Advertising IDs, Location Information, and Device Information Analytics – for more information, please see Section 4. Does SWITW Collect My Financial Information When I Make In-App Purchases? When you make in-app purchases in the Games, we do not collect or have any access to your name and billing information. This information is collected and stored by your platform (e.g. Apple's Game Store or Android's Google Play) or your platform's payment processor.
2. Do third parties have access to my personal information? Yes. Like most companies, we use tools from service providers to help us with various parts of our business ("Service Providers"), and depending on the service we need, these Service Providers may have access to your personal information. For example, we use a Service Provider's email software to manage our Newsletter subscriptions, and if you have given us your email address to subscribe to Newsletters, then your email address will be shared with that Service Provider. We also use Service Providers for hosting, customer support, and mobile and web analytics. For a list of the Service Providers who have access to your personal information.
We contractually require all Service Providers to treat your personal information as confidential information and to only use it for the services we need. However, we do not have direct control over how Service Providers use your personal information and we cannot guarantee that our Service Providers will use your personal information as required in our contract with them. For this reason, we are not responsible for our Service Providers' misuse of your personal information. In addition to our Service Providers, our Ad Partners may also have access to your personal information. We've dedicated a separate section about advertising and our Ad Partners, so please check that out in Section 5. We may also share your personal information for our legitimate business and legal purposes as described in Section 12.
3. How long will SWITW keep my personal information? How long we store your personal information will depend on the purpose that we originally collected it. We will not retain personal information for longer than is necessary for our business or for legal requirements.
4. How is my personal information used for analytics? As an online business, it is important for us to know how users interact with our Websites and Games. We and our Service Providers will collect your Location Information, Device Information, and Advertising IDs so that we can deliver our Game and Website services to our users, measure, analyze, and improve performance of the Games and Websites, and to continually update and develop our Games and Websites. For example, we will use this information to assess the difficulty level of Games, fix any bugs or errors in the Games, evaluate the demographic of our users, and to determine whether or not we need to support a new Device type for the Games. In addition, if you have connected your Game account to your account on Facebook, we will use the information described in Section 1 to conduct analytics.
5. How is my personal information used for advertising? To help us keep our Games running, we show ads in our Games with the help of third-party advertising partners ("Ad Partners"). We integrate Ad Partners' technologies into our Games which are then used by the Ad Partners to determine what kind of ads to display to you. i. Do Ad Partners Collect My Personal Information? In order to show you ads that you might interesting and/or relevant ("Targeted Ads"), Ad Partners collect and use your Advertising ID, Location Information, and Device Information. If location services are enabled in your Device settings, the Ad Partners may additionally collect your geolocation information. Because these Ad Partners' technologies control what kind of personal information is collected from your Device and how it is used, we encourage you to review their respective privacy policies. A list of our Ad Partners is found Bellow
- Unity Ads
- Ad Colony
ii. How to Opt-Out of Receiving Targeted Ads. If you do not want to receive Targeted Ads on your mobile Device, your mobile Device may give you the option to opt-out of receiving Targeted Ads on all apps on your Device. On Android Devices, you may opt-out by enabling the "Opt out of Ads Personalization" setting. On iOS Devices, you may opt-out by enabling the "Limit Ad Tracking" setting. In addition, you may be able to opt-out of receiving Targeted Ads from a specific Ad Partner. Please review our Ad Partner list to see if an Ad Partner offers the ability to opt-out of receiving Targeted Ads. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving Targeted Ads, you will still receive contextual ads, which are non-targeted ads related to the content of the Game you are playing. In addition to running ads in our Games, we also run ads to promote our Games in third-party websites and/or apps. When we run our own ads in third-party websites and/or apps, Service Providers help us optimize and measure performance of our ads and use their own tracking technologies to track Game installs and clicks and/or impressions of our ads. In some cases, we will share your hashed or anonymized Advertising ID with our Ad Partners so that the Ad Partner can help us market and promote our Games. In these cases, Ad Partners perform as SWITW Service Providers and we contractually require such Ad Partners to only use your personal information on our behalf. If you wish to opt-out of your personal information being shared with Ad Partners in this way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Children's personal information. We do not knowingly collect children's personal information without parental consent, except as permitted under applicable laws such as the U.S. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For example, SWITW, its Service Providers, and its Ad Partners may collect personal information, such as IP addresses and other persistent identifiers, from children under 16 strictly to support SWITW ‘s internal operations and/or legitimate interests, such as analytics and to serve children with contextual ads. If you are a parent of a child playing the Games or using the Websites, you may review or have your child's personal information deleted and refuse the further collection of his/her personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe we are collecting a child's personal information in violation of COPPA or the GDPR and we will delete this information as quickly as possible. SWITW will retain your child's information for as long as your child's account is active, or as needed to provide services. If you wish to cancel your child's account or request that SWITW no longer use the information to provide services, contact SWITW at the email address listed above. SWITW will retain and use the information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. If your child uses our contact us form to contact us, we will delete their email address immediately after responding to their request. If we want to change how we use personal information collected from children, we will first notify you by either posting an update on the Websites and/or the Games and you will be required to review, sign, and send to SWITW a consent form to approve how we will use your child's personal information.
9. Third-parties and their privacy policies. Throughout the Websites, you may see links to third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party sites, and when accessing their sites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
10. Is my personal information secure? The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your information, both during transmission and once it is received. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. While no security system is completely secure, we and our Service Provider stake appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access or disclosure of the information collected by us. For SWITW, this includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that all of your information is disclosed only on a "need to know" basis and ensuring that all information collected by SWITW is done so via secured connections and protected and encrypted (using secure socket layer technology, "SSL") by industrial grade security software to guard against unauthorized access.
14. How do i access, manage, or update my personal information? If you are playing "Gold Rus$h” and want to access, manage, or update the personal information that SWITW has collected about you, please check out our FAQ found at www.switw.com. For all other Games, please contact us at email@example.com.
15. For users in the european union. A. Legal Basis for Processing. Our legal basis for collecting, using, and sharing your personal information will depend on the purpose for which we use your personal information. Typically, we will rely on the following legal bases for processing your personal information: (i) your consent; (ii) where our processing is in our legitimate interest (e.g. processing for analytics or direct marketing) or in the legitimate interest of our Ad Partners or Service Providers; or (iii) where our processing is necessary to perform a contract with you (e.g. to make the Games or Websites accessible to you). If we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. B. Your Personal Information Rights. If you would like to exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability, and/or your right to object to the processing of your personal information, please follow the instructions described in Section 14. If you would like to opt-out of your personal information being shared with our Ad Partners, please follow the instructions in Section 5(A)(ii). C. Transfer of Personal Information Outside of the EU. Because our Service Providers are located in countries outside of the European Union, your personal information will be transferred to other countries that may not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of your country of residence. We rely on model contractual clauses and/or the Privacy Shield certification for such transfers. D. How to File Complaints. If you believe your rights under the GDPR have been violated, you may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your country of residence. For contact information for your supervisory authority, please ec.europa.com
- Winnipeg, MB Canada